Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Thursday, September 28, 2017

A quick dozen (almost) for my Christmas card stash.


Once again feeling I am falling behind with my Christmas card collection, I decided I needed to do a run of a something fairly straightforward, so here is what I made.

The design, including the script, is a cutting file from Silhouette cameo library, which I am sure I bought from the Silhouette store a while ago.  I resized it for a 12cm square card and fitted it six times onto cutting mat. Then I cut it from black vinyl. While the machine was set up I cut the six images again and set about weeding them. This is the tedious job of removing all the unwanted areas using a pricking tool, which can be difficult with the tiny pieces inside the letters 'e' and 'd' etc. However this design didn't prove to be too time consuming so I soon had my cuts all ready to go on cards.
I trawled through my Christmas snippets box and found a range of suitable designs for the backing papers, so  I cut the squares out and used transfer tape to lift each image from its backing paper and position it onto one of the squares.
Next I cut a mat for each one from various colours of the glitter card I mentioned in my previous post.
I was about to cut lots of base cards from white, thinking that this is an extravagant size card to make as you can only cut one card from each A4 sheet, when I remembered the huge stash of precut cards and envelopes still lurking in a bottom cupboard. So I had a look and sure enough, there was a whole box of 12cm cards in a wide range of colours. Amazingly I found one that was a perfect match for every one of my cards so I did a little happy dance and got them all mounted up, and I am really pleased with them. These cards and envelopes must be at least twelve years old, so I am really glad to be making use of some of them.
The more alert of you will notice that there are only eleven (almost a dozen) cards here. I did cut twelve but one didn't make it through the weeding-transfer process so I had to discard it. But still, eleven cards in one evening is a good result.
Now I am rushing off to Pixie's Snippets Playground to join in the fun before the gates are closed for this week.

6 comments:

Sue - said...

That’s a great collection of makes for one evening, the perfect way to increase your quota and use up some of that old neglected stash.

Jean said...

Oh I like these Kate, what a lovely silhouette image. Well done for using all those stash cards and papers.
Jean x

Di said...

Love these cards Kate - all about the true message of Christmas and also very elegant as well. Lovely to see you on the swings! :)

Hugs

Di xx

kiwimeskreations said...

What beautiful cards Kate - love the simplicity of them, and the various colours of the backgrounds would have made assembling them more interesting.
Blessings
Maxine

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Catching up, - sorry to have been awol. These are lovely a traditional/modern card, I love it, everything has been cut beautifully, a good idea for me to look at for batch making cards, Love yours.
Faith
x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Came back to say, I didn't realise that it was vinyl you used, what a GREAT idea, - told you were a Super card maker LOL. I usually use card, but with the words vinyl would be better, I STILL love this card.
Faith
x