A few weeks ago I said I had printed out a selection of images bought from the new Lili of the Valley Christmas range of digistamps. I was slowed down because we had several lovely visits from our family in UK, but I have finally managed to colour them, and most of them are now cards.
I am trying to use up some very old items of stash, and among these I found a pack of pastel coloured DL cards which were just perfect for these images. There are three sets so here goes.
1). Christmas feasting.
I thought this was such a cute image. I printed three of them and coloured them with copic markers. Then I chose three base cards and routed around in my Christmas snippets to find oddments of paper and trims to go with each one. So they are basically the same with different colours for their scarves and base cards, and different embellishments.
These little images were sold as a Nativity trio, but I will let you into a little secret. I didn't like the centre one because the stable was empty. Now for me the whole point of the Christmas story is that there was a very special baby in the stable, so I put one in. I don't normally adapt digistamps, but I felt I had to do this. Here are the before and after pictures.
I again coloured the images with copic markers except for one. Can you spot the difference in my photo? My sister does beautiful colouring with coloursoft pencils, and as I have a lovely set of these, I thought I should try them again, so I used them for my first set. But I was not happy with the result. My arthritic hands struggle to hold a pen for long enough for me to sign my name, so I really struggled with this. Copic markers are my go-to colouring tools and they only need such a light touch, that I find them much easier to handle.
I made backing papers using ink dusters and distressed inks, and die cut gold mirri-card mats for the images. The sentiments were printed on the computer. I made a set of five all the same
3).Angels from the realms of glory!
Another cute image. LOTV does them so well. Aren't they truly angelic? I found I could get four of these on an A4 sheet of paper, so that's what I did. I used - you guessed it - copic markers to colour them - and for speed I used the same pens for each one. I added some Leonie Pujol glitter ink to the wings and halos.
The image was a bit too small for the DL cards, but I was determined to use them up so I chose two pale yellow ones, and two peach ones, and found some lilac off-cuts that went well with both colours. I cut a mat for each image, and from the bit that is hidden behind the picture, I cut the sentiments using Joanna Sheen dies. I also used a Joanna Sheen Signature die - starry border - along the lower edge of each mat, and used the cut out stars to fill in between the words.
So there I have it; another ten cards to add to my collection. According to my plan, I am about where I hoped to be by the end of June! But that is still an improvement on my total a few weeks ago.
I am entering the first two in the ABC Christmas Challenge where the criteria is S for sketch/T for trio. I didn't manage to match them to a sketch but they both show a trio.
All three cards are going over to Pixie's Snippets Playground and also to
The Merry Christmas Challenge #33 where Anything Goes as long as it is Christmas.