Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Monday, September 25, 2017

September Rudolph day Challenge

Goodness; is it really the 25th already?! Rudolph nearly caught me out this month but fortunately I still had four of my little LOTV digi images ready to make into cards.
I printed the image four times and coloured them all in the same way with copic markers, just changing the colour for the little bird house.


I have been making a lot of 17 x 11.5 cm cards, which is sort of the European version of A6. They have just a little bit more space to work in and I really like them. (Plus they are exactly one half of a sheet card from the blocks I buy at Lidl's!).

However I have run out of the matching envelopes, and the shop where I buy them had restocked with the ones for A6 cards, so I have gone back to the smaller size for these.


The image includes a narrow, slightly rough edged border, so I decided to make white base cards and use my pens to colour the image border, and then distress the edges of my backing paper to match them, rather than cutting a mat for it.



So I started with two red ones. I was looking for some backing paper and found a small piece left over from an old papermania 6 x6 block, that I have mostly used up now. It was just right for these cards so I cut a tile from my snippet, and used a graphics programme to seamlessly cover an A4 sheet of paper, and printed it out.



I then did the same for the other two using green for the border.




The snowflake border is cut with a Joanna Sheen signature die, using some pretty, glitter card. This is lovely and sparkly IRL, but quite soft and smooth to touch and it die cuts beautifully. I can buy it in about eight different colours from our local 'Chinese bazaar'. It comes in huge sheets, possibly A2 for just 45 cents a sheet, so I thought I had better try to use some. The sentiment is one that turned up when I was sorting my stamps out recently and I am sorry, it had lost its packaging so I don't know the manufacturer.

So that is another four cards for my stash, which is coming along quite nicely. I have another two weeks out with visitors and visiting, so I still need to do one big run of something simple. The rate this year is flying by, I'll soon be posting the overseas ones.
But for now I will pop over to Scraps of Life by scrappymo, and enter this in the September Rudolph Day Challenge.

10 comments:

Jean said...

This s such a cute image Kate, and your cards are lovely. I like the pretty snowflake border as well, they look so different with the alternative colours, I think I like the green ones best.
Jean x

Liz said...

Four lovely cards, Kate, the image is adorable and I love the snowflake border. I'm not sure where this month has gone either, I suddenly realised today that it's the 25th and time for the Rudolph Days Challenge! xx

Kathleen said...

Four really lovely creation, super images and great backing papers and a fabulous design, really like the snowflake border too.

Kath x

scrappymo! said...

Four really beautiful cards. I ove the image, the design and the sparkly glitter paper border. 45 cents is a wonderful price. I pay about $3 for glitter card!
Whenever I see it on sale, I pick some up for my stash.

Thanks for taking part in the September Rudolph Days Challenge.

kiwimeskreations said...

What gorgeous cards Kate - love that sweet image. The glitter paper sounds wonderful - I often trawl the $2 shops (sounds like your Chinese Bazaar) for card and the like, but have never scored any glitter paper - that sounds like a real bargain.
Blessings
Maxine

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A beautiful collection of cards Kate, a beautiful image you've used too.

Sue xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
Happy Rudolf Days.
Your cards are so wonderful and your colouring of that cute image is excellent.
Love the wonderful designs.
Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
Lots od crafty love. Jenny L. GD

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

These are absolutely lovely and so Christmassy, lovely image and papers and colouring. Fabulous cards, please don't say posting overseas is soon :(
Faith
x

Sue - said...

A lovely set of Christmas cards.

Robyn Oliver said...

Four super gorgeous cards Kate, great idea to make multiples as you go