Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Friday, March 27, 2020

Layered Mandala

While Spain is in lock-down, I am making the most of my time, putting my new Silhouette Cameo 4 through its paces.
Yesterday I made this layered mandala using a cutting file by the designer Olga of Clean Cut Creative. (It can be found on fontbundles.net if anyone is interested).
It comes as seven layers all grouped together, so I resized the group to fit an 8" shadow box I had in my stash, and then un-grouped it.
I went through my stash of plain card and found seven pieces of toning colour sranging from a dark burgundy to a pale peachy-pink.
I cut one layer from each sheet and carefully stacked them with 1mm foam tabs, making sure the pattern was layered correctly each time.
I put it into my deep frame, and to ensure it sat securely I added three layers of bubble wrap behind it to fill the gap, and then fitted the back panel so now it is ready to hang.
It was quite tricky to cut and some layers had to be cut twice. It would seem that my autoblade has failed, despite only being used a few times, so I reverted to an older style of blade fitted into a converter holder supplied with the machine, and that worked fine.

4 comments:

Liz said...

Oh WOW, this is fabulous Kate. I love the colours. xx

kiwimeskreations said...

This is stunning Kate - I have enjoying seeing it again.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is amazing Kate, I love the colours you chose. Thanks for the name of the designer. Sorry to hear your blade popped it's clogs so soon.
Keep safe and well.
Faith x

Karen Dunbrook said...

just stunning, love the colours you used.
:) Karen