Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Monday, September 25, 2023

Rudolph Day Challenge # September 2023

A quick and easy card this month that I made using an element from the scrapbook kit Into the Woods by Cornelia Designs. It is unusual for an element to be a complete picture, but I liked this one so I resized it and printed out a couple of copies.

Then I used the inner section of a die frame set to cut a window in a plain white 15cm square card. I placed the image behind the window using thin foam strips.
The holly frame was a file in the library on my Silhouette cameo, bought from the silhouette store many years ago. It was a fiddle to add but I used transfer tape so it did not distort too much. 
Then I added red perfect pearls for the berries, and a gold peel-off sentiment.
A second card was made in exactly the same way.
So now I will link this up with Rudolph Day Challenge over at Scraps of Life by Scrappy Mo.


12 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Such a delightful image Kate, and the delicate border is a great complement to it to make a fabulous card
Blessings
Maxine

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
Happy Rudolf Days.
what a very fabulous card and such a very beautiful design too.
Love the holly edge and the serene scene inside it.
Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

LesleyG said...

Happy Rudolph day! I’d completely forgotten, so better get my skates on. I love paper scenes, they make cards so easy. You have made a lovely card with this pretty one, and the ivy border looks good, even though it was tricky xxx

Liz said...

Great Christmas card Kate, the holly border frames the lovely image perfectly. xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

How lovely and peaceful scene on your Christmas card! Love the holly frame too!

Linby said...

A great image and a lovely way to frame it.

lichazul said...

absolutely gorgeous card !! congrats
have a great day

lichazul said...

pd.. im new follower :) , scrap's hugs from Chile

Vicky Hayes said...

What a gorgeous holy frame Kate - really delicate looking. It's perfect for showing off that peaceful scene too. Vicky x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love that framing and the vinyl holly frame. A gorgeous card Kate.
Faith x

scrappymo! said...

I always love the read about your cardmaking on your machine. You make it seem so easy!
This is a very pretty scene and you have made it up into a great card.

Thanks for taking part in the Rudolph Days Challenge.

Sue - said...

I’m a bit late commenting but better late than never! A delightful card for Rudolph Day.