Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Thursday, October 26, 2023

Rudolph Day Challenge#october 2023

As I am fairly well ahead with my Christmas cards this year I had time to play around a bit and I do enjoy editing files and rearranging them on the computer to find different ways to use them. I came up with a set of ten cards on a theme of "Sentiments in Arabesque window". I bought a bundle of these sentiments some time ago, so I uploaded them into my silhouette cameo software. Then I spent some time designing a base card with the arabesque window, and resized my chosen sentiments to fit in it. Next I sorted through my larger snippets of Christmas papers and found ten pieces I could use, cutting each one to fit inside a 15cm square white card base, and cutting the window and star from each one.

I glued a small snippet of gold paper behind the stars, and then found pieces that I could use behind each window. Once these were in place I decided which embellishments would go with the papers and resized them in the software, and using the 'Print and Cut feature' I printed them on basic photo paper to deepen the colours and give them some shine, and cut them out. 

I decided which sentiment would suit which set of 'extras' and cut them from vinyl so they were more simple to glue inside the windows. I arrange the embellishments around them and glued them in place, adding a little glitter glue to some. 

I ended up with ten cards, four doubles, and two individual ones, and lots of files in my library to use again should I need them.

Poinsettias from Carnation crafts.

Crib and sheep from Jan Mahew's digital shop.

Arabesque Christmas ornaments - sorry I can't find where I bought them from.

Doves and nativity silhouettes, old files from my Cameo library - source unknown.

I will link these with Rudolph day Challenge#October  

5 comments:

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
Happy Rudolf Days.
Oh you are so clever with your computer and your sillhouette files.
I have a scan and cut but havn't used it for ages as I have to think too much for that so I use dies which I haven't got to use my brain for lazy me.
I love your wonderful cards and their fabulous designs.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

kiwimeskreations said...

Kate I love what you create with your computer and Cameo - verry clever work and some stunning results.
Blessings
Maxine

LesleyG said...

Well Kate, not only are your cards beautiful, but you are so clever to be able to design them yourself with such style. Xxx

Liz said...

Wonderful collection of cards Kate, such stylish designs. xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I went back to see how much I had missed, but I'm sure I have commented on your beautiful cards, from September, but they don't show for some reason?
These are beautiful cards, I love how you played and came up with the Arabesque shape and sentiment, and star on each. A Really lovely set of cards Kate.
Thank you for your lovely comment, it is appreciated. Hope all is well with you.
Faith x