Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

WOYWW 138

Better late than never, I am popping over to Julia's Stamping Ground to add my untidy workspace to her list, and take a peek at what everyone else is getting up to.


I haven't anything very exciting to report, but I am making a few preliminary examples of stationery that I have agreed to make for someone. So this afternoon I put my new Silhouette through it's paces and did some pretty intricate cutting out. I also sorted out some paper and card that I could use, because it seems a shame to spend on on more when I have a cupboard full, but I haven't necessarily got enough of any one colour. Then I chose a few suitable font options. I'm really just playing around with ideas at the minute but it is a fairly last-minute thing so decisions need to be made. I will get a few bits put together now and send some photos in an e-mail so they can choose.




Then I think my tray, where I dump used items and left over bits after a project, is calling for some attention. I believe there is some new stuff in there too, just waiting for a home! Everything keeps sliding off it and I am tired of picking it all up.


Better get on with it then. I will do my best to get around a few more of your blogs this week too. I am sorry I never manage to get to all of you, but apart from a few of my 'regulars' I do try to visit different ones each week.

11 comments:

505whimsygirl said...

Wow - that is some intricate cutting you are doing there. I haven't thought of making stationery for people. Interesting. That would make a GREAT birthday/Christmas gift.
Thanks for the idea!!

Kay
WOYWW #116

Sarah said...

Those pretty hearts you've cut are gorgeous!! Good luck with the stationery! Sarah #147

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Looks like you've been a very busy girl with the die cutting! :) Happy WOYWW! Hugs, Joanna #123

kiwimeskreations said...

I am not looking at those machine cut outs - I do not need that machine.....
Great start to you projects. I too had heaps of 'stuff' piling up so I did a big tidy-up the other day!
Blessings
Maxine

Stephanie said...

I just have a Cricut and I'm sure it can't do THAT sort of intricate cutting. Nice!

Karen said...

Love the die cuts, they are so pretty and intricate :)

Have a great WOYWW, Karen #80

May said...

Beautiful die cutting you have been busy, I dont have any of these machines just the big shot, but they do look great so will need to think about that one!!!Have a great week, Hugs May x x x

Polly Polkadot said...

Those die cuts are beautiful, but look difficult to work with. I was confused by the scrap basket, and then realised that I keep a scrap bag for fabric, as there is always a project that needs a small piece.

Lou said...

I was just saying today that i would like to make some small stationary kits to give as presents this year, hopefully i will get round to it, those die cuts are lovely, i have a big shot so have no idea how a silouette works, but it must be very impressive to get such delicate die cuts Hope you have a great week Lou #82

Katie said...

I love the intricate cuts you did! They are beautiful. I know what you mean about everything sliding off the pile, its so frustrating to keep picking it up! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

Happy WOYWW (on Thursday!)
Katie

Julia Dunnit said...

Really nice colours you've chosen , that powdery blue is very pretty. As are the cuts you've chosen too. I think when you spend more time wrestling with a toppling pile than usefully sifting through it, then it's time to wrestl e it back under your control, no doubt you've done that by now., go you!