Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Am I Stressed or Distressed?

Not at all, but that is the theme for the card I have made today. I needed a fairly straightforward design as I am a bit close to the challenge deadline so I chose to print out an image from the Crafters' Companion CD, Vintage Christmas. It was a decoupage sheet but I didn't feel she needed to be layered. She is so sweet just as she is.

I matted her onto some torn card from the colour core'dinations Chocolate Box stack. For the base card I chose white and one of the glimmer mist screens, the smaller swirl. I used sponge to dab on ink from two Distress ink pads, walnut dye and tumbled glass, moving the screen around so the whole card was covered. I used the same two ink pads to distress around the edges of the card. I mounted the image at an angle and across the base I glued some off-white lace topped with red organza ribbon and a bow. A couple of flowers from my stash, lightly coloured and joined with a flower brad, finished it off.

I am entering this card in:
Craftyhazelnuts Christmas Challenge
20, Don't get stressed about Distressing.
Creative Craft challenges; Distressed/Vintage
The Paper Shelter Challenge 14; Distress to Impress

8 comments:

Cards By MI said...

Very sweet. Love your colours with the splash of red. Looks wonderful. Thanks for playing with us over at TPS challenges this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

Jean said...

I like your combination of colours here Kate, and the little girl is so sweet and angelic looking.Lovely card. Jean x

Hazel said...

What a sweet image - love the effect of the distress inks. Thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 20 - hope to see you again next time. x

fatmonica said...

I love that vintage look.It's a great card.

Lynn said...

What a beautiful card and the little girl image has the most haunting eyes.
Huggs
Lynn xx

Saskia said...

Great card, I really like the background you've made.

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

Wow your card is fabulous!
Love your gorgeous colors and such pretty papers and detail!
So happy that you have joined us at
TPS.....

Hugs
Judith

Cheryl Valadez said...

Your card is gorgeous! Thanks for joining the challenge this week at The Paper Shelter ;D Hugz, Cheryl