Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Just forget the world

I thought I might not have time to make a card for Daring cardmakers this week, but their challenge was to be inspired by a Cold Play song, Chasing cars, and I love that whole CD. Also I need a male birthday card for a family member next week, so I decided to have a go, and here is what I made.

The stamp is by Crafty Individuals.

I have actually used a Christmas backing paper from the Artylicious CD, Season's Greetings, but the holly is hidden underneath the image.

The panels are cream card distressed with antique linen, tea dye and rusty hinge ink pads.

The letter tiles are from an A4 sheet in my stash that is ancient, and its origin is forgotten. I like it because I have a Woodware punch that it fits perfectly.

The swirl was cut using a Marrianne die, and sprayed with That Special Touch, copper mica mist.

The lace edging is a Martha Stewart punch, and the birthday greetings is a copper peel-off.



I am entering this card for the
Daring Cardmakers' Challenge: Chasing Cars.
Truly Scrumptious Challenge 57: Anything goes
CrfatyCatz Challenge 83: Anything goes

6 comments:

Lynda said...

Fabulous card and a great image - just perfect to go with that sentiment. Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

Lynda xxx

Jean said...

Very nice Kate, I like your colour scheme and that stamp is one of my favourites. Jean x

Saskia said...

Lovely card. That's a great stamp, hadn't seen it before. I really like the design of your card.

Curly said...

Wow this is so very pretty, fabulous design and colour theme and the image is is just brilliant

Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Catz this week,

Good Luck with the challenge,
Hugs Bridget Crafty Catz DT :0)x

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

A great piece of work.

Wendy -x-

fatmonica said...

Beautiful!That's one of my favourite stamps(was using it this morning!).lovely card.