Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Bells are Ringing

When I saw that the theme for one of my challenges this week is Sleigh Bells, I went to my folder of Christmas stamps and was quite surprised to find that I didn't have a single bell stamp. Then I vaguely remembered using a script stamp in the shape of a bell, so I had a hunt, and came up with this Oasis stamp. The wood mount was actually dated 1992 and that's probably how long I have had it, but it hasn't seen the light of day many times! I then hunted through my charms and found these two pairs of silver bells that I think come from some wedding toppers I bought a very long time ago. ( I also have a lot of small round bells in my stash which are, perhaps, more in keeping with sleigh bells, but they are much too dimensional for a card that will quite likely be posted from Spain to UK).

I have very recently bought a bundle of mixed shades of very narrow blue ribbon, so I decided to use a blue base card. The main bell is stamped with Memento Paris Dusk onto white card, cut out and distressed around the edge with the same ink. I then did the same with a SeeD's greeting stamp. I wanted something to lift the plain blue card so I used this Laxmi stamp-holly trail, stamping it first on scrap paper to remove some of the ink, and then stamping a pale impression on my card. I used off cuts of the ribbons to make tiny bows to finish it off.


I am entering this card in Bah! Humbug! Challenge 21; Sleigh bells Ring
Craftyhazlenuts Christmas Challenge 22: Use some ribbon
Creative Inspirations Challenge 113: Christmas in May
2 Sisters Challenge blog: Anything goes

10 comments:

Hazel said...

Lovely use of the ribbon and bells - and love the script bell stamp - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 22 - hope to see you again soon. x

Kathyk said...

Super card and love your color choice

Kathyk

Annie said...

just so perfect. Love all the detailed stamping - just too clever.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT

Saskia said...

That bell is a great stamp! Lovely shade of blue for the card. Wonderful design.

fatmonica said...

Beautiful card!Love the ribbon and little bells-just the right finishing touches!

Jean said...

A nice pretty card, I like your lovely script bell. Why has it been hidden for so long? Lovely bell charms too. Jean x

Jocelyn said...

I love that bell stamp - fab card!

Clare Lloyd said...

really lovely card. i love those bell charms. thanks for joining us @ bah! humbug! x

Ruth said...

I love all the stamping and bell charms. Very pretty card!

themessycraftroom said...

A beautiful card ,I love that bell stamp. Hugs x ChrisB