Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Moving back to traditional colours

Yes, I'm moving back to traditional Christmas colours for my card this week.

I used the same CD, Crafters' Companion Vintage Christmas, as I did for my previous card, and this time I chose a Santa image, because it was in a circul
ar frame that I thought would go well with my scalloped circle Marianne die. I wanted the image behind the die cut with the decoupaged layers spilling over on top of it, so I needed to cut out the centre of the frame. I got careless here and left myself with only about a quarter of a centremeter all round to fix it in place. Fortunately the layers also helped and I mounted the whole thing directly onto the base instead of using foam pads, so that held it all together. It was rather dull against the green base card so I cut a panel of thick, cream parchment and edged it with a scalloped lace punch by Martha Stewert. Then I stamped all over it with my all time favourite Christmas holly stamp from Penny Black. It is just perfect for lifting a plain back ground. I assmbled it all and added a strip of green velvet, scalloped ribbon from Cosmo Cricket. The two jelly embellishments come from a Vaessen-creative Christmas scrapbooking kit. I stuck the lower one a bit off line, but as my eyesight is not too good, being slightly crooked is almost a hallmark of all my crafting, so I am not going to risk trying to move it.

I am entering this card in this challenge:
Craftyhazelnuts Christmas Challenge 21; Let's see some scallops

4 comments:

Hazel said...

This is such a gorgeous card - so many lovely scallops. Thank you for joining in my CHNC challenge 21 - hope to see you again soon. x

Jean said...

Lovely card Kate, I like the Santa and the traditional colours. Jean x

fatmonica said...

It's just lovely,and I love the colours!Have left something for you on my blog!

Ruth said...

I love the scalloped die you used! Great card.