Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Sunday, May 1, 2011

ABC of me

This is a bit of fun that I saw on my friend Jill's blog, and she suggested that we might like to have a go as well. So copy the ABC headings on to your blog and have a go. Let me know if you do, so I can learn a bit more about you.

Age
: 64 later this year, but who's counting?
Bed Size:
King size definitely. You need it in the heat of a Spanish summer!
Chore you hate: Most housework, because with the dust out here you can never win.
Dogs:Three and four cats. Hubby does more with the dogs than I do. I'm a cat lady really.
Essential start of your day: A mug of tea; proper loose leaf tea made in a teapot!
Favourite Colour:
All the colours of the rainbow. I can't settle on one. It depends what mood I'm in.
Gold or silver:
Gold usually. My most treasured piece is Mum's gold chain, but I like silver when I am wearing blue, and I use both in my craft.
Height: 5’4½″ That ½ is very important!
Instruments I play or have played:
Only grade 1 level on a piano because it was necessary to get into teacher training college, but I have a son who is a top class rock drummer and one who writes and sings his own songs and plays piano, guitar, saxaphone and anything else he can get his hands on.
Job Title:
Retired nursery school manager.
Kids:
Five sons, seven grandchildren, and one great-grandson on the way.
Live:
For the last 20 years I lived in Oswestry on the Welsh/English border, but now we live permanently in Andalucia, Spain.
Mum’s Name: Anna Hilda Julia. I always thought that sounded very grand. Mostly she was known as Hilda.
Nickname:
Only Kathy as a teenager and then Kate. Really I am Kathleen
Overnight hospital stays: As a small child to have tonsils out, then in my thirties for a spinal op, followed by a post-miscarriage D&C, and more recently major surgery on my shoulder.
Pet Peeve:
When I have struggled for hours to do something on my computer and my husband comes and does it in minutes!
Quote from a movie:
I rarely watch films and haven't watched any closely enough to quote them now.
Right or left handed: Right, but I learned to manage with my left after my shoulder op. I'm very independent and hated relying on others for help.
Siblings:
Five sisters and two brothers (Only one brother alive now), and we are all close and keep in touch 'across the miles'.
Time you wake up:
7.30 to take the dogs out, but if I have an after lunch siesta I sometimes need a crowbar to get me going again!
Underwear:
Yes, thank you, always, but I go for comfort over elegance these days.
Vegetables you dislike:
Broad beans.
What makes you run late:
Life!
X-rays you’ve had done:
Lots. Feet (calcium spur), both wrists (carpel tunnel and torn ligaments), spine including myeloscopy(with injected dye), arm (collapsed bicep), shoulder (rotor cuff and torn muscles), leg (torn ham-string), MRI, etc. I'm a bit of a crock really or just clumsy, but they usually manage to put me together again!
Yummy food you make:
I bake cakes, pastries biscuits and make marmalade and jam, but my speciality is mince pies at Christmas.
Zoo animal:
Orangutangs and Tigers.


I can't do a blog with no photos at all so I'll leave you with this one that goes with my last comment 'Tigers'. It shows a magical moment that I will treasure for ever, and was taken at a Buddhist temple in Kanchanaburi, Thailand. Just look at the size of those feet!

Now you know a bit about me. I wonder whether any of it fits the mental picture you have formed if you have visited my crafting blog before. I know that the new Chocolate Baroque website with the members photos on it, has given me quite a few surprises. It's good to get to know my crafting friends a bit better.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Kate!

Great getting to know maore about you and really chuffed you joined in.

I'm so jealous you've been that close to a tiger. They are amazing creatures and you're right about being huge. No wonder they are such efficient killers!

love

Jill
x

erasercarver said...

Hi there!
Followed your link from Jill's blog and it's lovely to find out about you. I absolutely *love* the photo of you with the tiger - what an amazing experience that must have been.

Made by Mandy said...

Wow, what a fabulous photo of you with the Tiger, it must have been an amazing experience and I am sure one you will never forget.

Love Mandy xxx