Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Monday, May 2, 2011

Nine ladies dancing

Yes I have returned to my Penny Black, Twelve Days of Christmas stamps for this week's challenge. They are great fun and this little hedgehog is dancing in a very fetching 'ruffled' dress which fitted nicely with the theme of Pleats and Ruffles.


In doing these challenges I am trying to use something each week that has hibernated in the back of my cupboards for far too long. I wasn't sure I had anything for this week but, lo and behold, I came across this length of ruffled lace. Goodness knows where or why I bought it, but it fitted the bill. So I stamped the hedgehog onto white card, cut her out with a nestabilities circle die and coloured her with watercolour pens to match the lace. I then 'pleated' the lace to fit around the circle, using basic PVA gue to hold it in place. I glued a second circle of card on the back of it and left it under a very substantial book for the night, so today it is fairly flat and secure. I then unearthed a set of pink and purple Christmas papers from a magazine giveaway, and cut a strip to go down the centre of a pink 15cm square card. I mounted the circle centrally and then used a Marianne die to make a small swirl and flower to go in the corner. It was quite pretty but not very Christmassy so I used silver peel-off strips of holly leaves down each side, added a silver greeting in the bottom corner and a colourless jewel to the flower centre.
I made this card for the Bah! Humbug! Challenge 17: Pleats and Ruffles.

3 comments:

Annie said...

Fab Kate - what a great idea to echoe the ruffles in the image itself - never thought of that. You are clever.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT

Saskia said...

That's a lovely card. I like the not so christmassy colours and the lace looks just awesome.

Max said...

Oh my!
I love seeing all the different ideas for our challenges every week and think the gorgeous lace looks fabulous. Such lovely colours. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT